Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 6 - IntroGIS - Projections Part II

Storage tank contamination in portion of Escambia County, FL. Couldn't get the sites to show up on my map to save my life. Will continue to work on it over the weekend, and will hopefully be able to fix it.
This week we continued working on projections, a very complex subject. I am not happy with my map, I really struggled with this one and ended up running out of time. I still like the whole concept of projections, but still have much to learn. I intend to spend the weekend going over the material and fixing the errors that I have (such as missing data).

------

Storage tank contamination in portion of Escambia County, FL. Source: FL DEP. 
I am much happier with how this map turned out, now that I was able to spend more time on it. I realized that I was in the wrong projection (feet), so that was why I could not get my sites to show up. Makes sense, seeing as we are working on projections. I am much more confident in the concept of projections, and hopefully can expand on them further with the upcoming mid-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment