Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 11 - IntroGIS - Vectors Week 2

Map of campsites that are considered ideal, because they within 150m of a lake, 500m of a river, and within 300m of a road. They are also outside of conservation area.  
This week we continued working with vector analysis. I really liked learning about the Overlay tools, they are very helpful and I can see myself using them quite a bit in the future. I was not, however, thrilled working with Python. I was having issues, the main one being that all of my folders for this class have been named by the week, followed by the name of the lab (i.e. 01_Overview). This is not an option in Python, so I had to rename this week's file, and now it seems unorganized compared to the rest. Especially since we are constantly reminded to organize our data.

I am having an issue where I am not able to add a Basemap to my layers, and I can't figure out why. I was able to earlier today, but when I tried to do it again, it was grayed out and I was not able to do so. This is not the first time, either. I've searched through ArcGIS help, but haven't been able to find anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment