Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 12 - IntroGIS - Geocoding/Network Analyst/Model Builder

Map of the emergency medical services (EMS) for Lake County, FL. Has additional inset of Paisley Fire Station, with optimal route for 3 emergency locations

This week we worked on three important aspects of ArcGIS: geocoding, Network Analyst, and Model Builder. We set out to map a route for emergency services through geocoding and Network Analyst. I really enjoyed this part, I thought it was neat to see first hand how it is done. We never really worry about how our GPS works, we're just glad that it does. Unless you are like me and yours is terrible and never works correctly on your phone.

Resulting model for ModelBuilder exercise.
We also worked with Model Builder through ESRI's educational training. I like how this is set up, and can fill in some of the blanks on its own. I think you could come up with some pretty intense models, and this format is really nice. We didn't build our own (yet), we just worked with one that was already set up. I think it will be interesting once we get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment