Thursday, April 30, 2015

Weeks 14-16 - IntroGIS - Final Project

These last few weeks we worked (hard) to showcase what we have learned over the last few months. We "assessed" a proposed transmission line corridor for Manatee and Sarasota Counties. I had a lot of fun putting this together, it was really nice to see everything that I have learned. It also reiterated how complex a GIS can be, and how I will never be fully happy with my deliverables.

I definitely had to refer back to my notes several times, but I made it through. Some of my stuff is not quite as organized as I would have liked, eDesktop was quite slow, so I had to work off my own computer, and then move everything back over. This of course required quite a bit of time copying such large files. My presentation can be found at the links below; there is a PowerPoint presentation and a written summary:

Presentation

Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment