Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week 2 - IntroGIS - Own Your Map

Map showing the location of the UWF campus within Escambia County, Florida. Source: FGDL2008
I had a lot of fun creating this map. I really like the fact that our instructions allow us to add our own personal touches to the maps that we create. I did have one little time-consuming issue in the beginning with the Overview: Escambia County data frame (inset). I misunderstood the directions and struggled to keep the image within the frame ( I was re-sizing and panning repeatedly). I did finally realize that all I had to do was "Zoom to Layer". I really like that this week's lab built on last week's, reinforcing what we have learned so far. I look forward to improving my skills through the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment